Your donation is essential to supporting our mission to empower, enrich and educate through horses.
Equest is committed to providing affordable access to our therapeutic equine-assisted services. All of Equest's riders are supported by below-cost tuition. Session fees cover less than 30% of our expenses; therefore, we rely on the generosity of individual donors, corporations and foundations. Equest does not receive funding from state or federal agencies and is not an United Way recipient.
Gifts to Equest, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. The ways to give to Equest are as diverse as our donors. Whether you want to make a difference for a special needs rider, care for a therapy horse or leave a legacy, every gift makes an impact in the lives of those we serve.
Your donation TODAY will provide:
- Therapy programs – Benefitting children and adults with all types of disabilities.
- Rider Subsidization – Our fees for the families of the disabled are only 1/3 of the actual cost. Equest has not increased fees in over five years.
- Care for our therapy horses – Veterinarian well-care for each horse is $5,400 per year.
- Safety and Adaptive equipment – Special equipment required to meet the needs of every rider and their therapy goals.
- New Horse Acquisition – Equest retires about 10% of the therapy horse herd each year due to age or medical concerns.
- Facility/Stable maintenance and improvements – The safety of our riders and horses is of the utmost importance at Equest.
For more information, please contact:
Chief Development Officer
(972) 412-1099 ext 222