Equest Competition Team allows the rider to compete in a sporting event outside of the therapeutic setting. Equest riders regularly compete in local, state, national, and international competitions such as:
- Special Olympics/ Chisholm Challenge/ Dixie Nationals
- USCPAA (United States Cerebral Palsy Athletes Association)
- USODA (United States Organization od Disabled Athletes)
- AQHA Competitions (American Quarter Horse Association)
- North Texas Hunter Jumper Association
Equest program riders of all disabilities participate in Equestrian competitions. These riders work directly with their Equest Instructor to prepare for horse shows. A rider's participation in competitions is completely voluntary, but all who wish to participate are encouraged to do so.
Please note that the costs of participating in shows and competitions are not included in the basic session fees. Typical horse show costs may include entry, coaching, hauling, and other fees. Show costs can be very affordable for shows on-site at Equest to very expensive for National and International Competitions.