Groom and Tack Trainers help teach new volunteers the basics of grooming and tacking during volunteer training. They should have a good understanding of horse management and be capable of answering any question concerning tack and grooming. Eligible candidates are required to take and pass a test to received further training from the instructor staff.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Recommendation by a minimum of two members of the instructor staff.
- Participate as an active volunteer (Spring, Fall and/or Summer within one year) as either a volunteer captain, schooler, or a whip for driving classes.
- U.S. Pony Club Manuals Vol. 1,2,3 - may be purchased from most book retailers
- Horse Watching, by Desmond Morris
- Volunteer Manual - click here.