AHA Hippotherapy Level II Workshop
This curriculum is the follow-up to AHA, Inc. Treatment Principles – Level I, with an emphasis on patient treatment, and more advanced equine knowledge necessary for Hippotherapy as an equine discipline. Lecture, discussion, collaborative work, and actual patient treatment occur over four (4) days.
This workshop is tentatively scheduled for 2018. For more information on instructor training and workshops, contact the Registrar at email@example.com or call 972-412-1099, ext. 209
Building on these equine skills, the participant will explore the dynamic system of therapist, patient, horse handler, and horse as is applied with Hippotherapy.
- Recognizing desirable conformation, soundness, and movement qualities of the therapy horse
- Training, conditioning, and monitoring of the therapy horse
- Understanding optimization of the therapy horse for a patient treatment
- Safety principles for the therapy horse and environment
- Educate and train staff and volunteers who will be working with the therapy horse
- Maintain a safe, effective, and successful clinic program
Who can attend this course?
Adaptive riding instructors, horse handlers, administrators, and others interested in HPOT principles are welcome to attend, teamed with their therapist.
Licensed speech, physical, and occupational therapists and assistants (PTA, COTA, and SLPA’s) are eligible to attend this course.