Donate a therapy horse
A famous Equest therapy horse carries precious cargo, and we take great care in selecting, evaluating and training each and every one of them.
Our program coordinator initially evaluates all horses being considered to join the Equest Team. Just think, they could become famous as well! If you would like to donate a horse to Equest, required criteria for your horse includes, but is not limited to:
- Ideal age ranges from 7 to 15 years old
- Versatile styles (English, Western, Trail, Jumping) or
- Specific discipline, i.e. specific number years of western pleasure training, etc.
- Must be physically and behaviorally sound with no injuries or vices
- Must be able to walk, trot and canter on the correct leads on the rail
- Must be slow, smooth, patient, calm, and quiet
- Show experience is a plus!
- We DO NOT accept:
- Horses that are over the age of 20
Because of our commitment to our clients and the subsequent high standards for our famous therapy horses, Equest is typically only able to approve and accept an average of one in 15 horses generously presented to us as a donation.
For any more questions on our horse donation process, please contact Joan Cutler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-412-1099, ext. 204