Equest Therapeutic Horsemanship, Dallas, TX, a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center with more than 35 years of experience serving the North Texas Community, has an opening for a full-time Certified Instructor. This employee will be responsible for teaching therapeutic horsemanship classes in both English and Western Disciplines, ground lessons, show coaching, able -bodied lessons, assisting the team with volunteer training and supervision, as well as working closely with the Program Director and other instructors on the management and execution of horse shows, special events, community outreach, horse selection, training, and schooling, and the instructor training program. Work schedule includes Saturdays and some evenings.
The successful candidate will be organized, skilled and self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and with a diverse and productive team while always displaying a positive attitude. A get- it- done mentality and commitment to excellence are necessary to fit into the Equest culture.
- Minimum B.S. or B.A. or equivalent.
- Strong Equestrian/Equine Management background including horse show experience.
- Instructor Certification with Path Intl. or similar. Advanced or Master level a Plus. For the right candidate, we have the option to provide industry training, resulting in certification.
- Proven experience in progressing riders in their skill development
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Preferred skill is experience with a non-profit database such as Salesforce or DonorPro
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Equest offers a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and generous holiday leave.
Interested candidates must submit résumé and cover letter to Joan Cutler, Program Director, at email@example.com.